Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our little weed!



On Monday morning I stumbled into the kitchen to grab my morning cup of coffee and went to give the kids a kiss good morning. I was sure it was through my sleepy eyes that Kyah over night looked like she had grown a foot, so I had to check. We have a wall that we measure the kids on and mark, so I grabbed a ruler and shuffled her to the wall. I was not loosing it, she had grown almost 2 inches!!! Keep in mind we have only been home for a month! Next onto the scale, a whopping 6 lbs! I have to say that all of the kids were a little jealous because in our house it's a contest who grows the most on the wall:) I guess making her suffer through the vegetables at meal times is worth it:) I need to do like Jen and take some pictures in her pants now to show the growth!

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Wow! 2 inches in one month!!!! Did her bones ache? You would think that much growth would hurt. That's great! Thanks for the "healthy" update.
Michelle

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

That is a ton of growth! Esp. the 6 pounds! Great! I can't wait to see the pictures of her pants he he!
Smiles,
jen in MI

Outdrsycple said...

She is starting to look her age now. It is great to see such a beautiful smile and sparkling eyes. Glad she is growing well.

C said...

My husband and I are just starting the journey of adopting from Ethiopia, we are doing this through AGCI. We woul love any advice, etc.
We are looking to connect with other families that are going down this journey
Hope to stay in touch

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Julia, would you ask Kyah what she would have liked to have as gifts when she lived in Ethiopia? I am trying to get things together for Aleena's sister who is 11 (and still living at home in ET). Ask her about what she would have liked to have to do her hair, would ya!
Thanks a bunch,
jen in MI

Murphy Momma said...

Hey Julie, I must say I'm jealous! We've only gained 1 lb and 1 in. in 5 months time! What are you feeding her? :)
Sharon