Monday, January 7, 2008

Sisterly love



During the whole adoption process we both worried about our youngest daughter Chloee and how she would respond to a new sister. We thought about this with all of our kids, but she was the one who would be sharing a room and having to make the most sacrifices. Chloee has always been a stubborn girl that doesn't let many people in close, so we have been just in awe with the grace and compassion she has shown to her new sister.

From the moment the girls met it was an instant friendship. Kyah follows Chloee everywhere and the two of them laugh almost constantly. What joy this has brought us! Chloee is teaching Kyah English, and Kyah is teaching Chloee Amharic, it is hilarious to hear them trying to speak with each others accents:) And yes, they have many disagreements too:)

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Very Cute!
It's been so fun reading your story!
Thanks for sharing!
Michelle

Teabo Chica said...

Water in my eyes here, I just love to see Hirut opps Kaya with a family PRAISE JESUS< I love it!

A Team said...

PRECIOUS

The Redman's said...

Blessings to you and your family. I know everyday is a journey... and there'll be good days and bad days, but your pics of your whole family are precious. It melts my heart to see Kayha (I mispelled that, didn't I??) smiling ear to ear with her new family. Praises be to God! (I'm following you guys extra close.... just in case God leads us back to an older child... or siblings!!! Yikes!! :) (do you think Kayha remembers Grace (Birhan??) Grace was sooo tiny-- I have pictures of our referral picture in our Aug. archives)

-Suzi
-Suzi

The Gresham Clan said...

Hi! My name is Kristin and we are adopting through AGCI Ethiopia! We're on the waiting list for a girl/boy or siblings. It's so wonderful to hear your story and how God has so blessed your family. Thanks for sharing.
Kristin

The Gresham Clan said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :). We're open to boy/girl or siblings up to 24 months. I just got a call from AGCI and we've moved up on the waiting list! I'm looking forward to reading through your blog to hear your story!
Kristin