Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dec. 19th, 2007



This was the 3rd day we had actually been in country, so by this time looking back I think the lack of sleep had caught up to me. The whole trip I kept thinking I was doing fine on a 3 hour rest per night, but I think my emotions told otherwise.

This was the birth parent meeting day....A day I had thought fervently about for many months. I kept pondering as a mother what someone could possibly say to me to make my heart content with the fact that my child would be somewhere clear across the globe in an unknown world to me.

I had finally prepared myself with a list of questions and my husband wrote her a beautiful letter. (I tried, but after the "Dear Birth mother" part I would cry and get stumped) Then with total shock I was told that our daughter would also be present for the meeting!!! Now keep in mind, I had envisioned a mother who 9 months prior had dropped off her little girl at an orphanage and that she had not seen her since then. I was so worried that this wound of abandonment would be re-opened and all this horrible pain would come flooding back! I was a wreck I tell ya, and a sleep deprived wreck at that! What I later found out was that this sweet, gentle, beautiful woman had been coming to see the daughter that she loved with all of her being the whole time she had been at Hannah's Hope!!!

Ok, so now I had a sense of peace and felt that this would be a a positive thing..... a sense of closer for both. I won't go into details that belong to Kyah, but I experienced true, unconditional love and selflessness that day that I will hold in my heart forever. Now she also had pictures of both of her Mama's, (as she calls us).

On a lighter note:) (I might be messing up the days) We went to the famous Starbucks knock-off! For those of you who know me know I am a coffee fanatic, and I was sooooo happy! I think the coffee there was actually better than here in the states. Did I mention before that I purchased 30lbs of coffee!!! I even got to sit where the women hand sort the beans, too fun:) Later that night we went to an Italian restaurant/art gallery. If you go there do not order steak!!! Can you say tough meat:) The lasagna looked great. After a long day we snuggled back into our hotel and waited for our joyous COCKADOOOOODODLDOOOOOO!!

4 comments:

A Team said...

Just caught up on your blog... Thank you... It's so good for me to read. I appreciate what you've written and what you've shared.

So glad to know you :-)

Tracie in TN

Michael and Michelle said...

Man, I think about the day that we would get to meet our future child's birth parents and how that meeting will be. I spoke to a lady from our church who 20+ years ago adopted 3 children from other countries. She said the one thing she wished she had was pictures of the biological parents, family history, letters..ect. Now her children are adults and that's one thing they don't have and really wish they did. At first the thought kind of scared me but now I'm kind of excited for the opportunity. What a blessing for these children and us!
Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Michelle

Murphy Momma said...

Me again. I just had to say we loved the art gallery restaurant and the pixxa was pretty good! :) Still looking forward to your telling the rest of your days there. Sharon

The Gresham Clan said...

Thanks for finding our blog - it is wonderful to hear from you. You're story of adoption is absolutely amazing! I agree that I hope we get to meet the birth parent(s). That will be such a blessing for all of us.
Kristin