Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dec. 18th, 2007




Again waking up before sunrise, I think I made it until 4:00 today:) After breakfast we walked to HH and began the process of sorting all of the donations, what a task!!! I am so glad we were able to help Almaz with this because she already does so much! I cannot say enough wonderful things about that incredible lady! Then off to a busy day of shopping, this I am sad to say I am a pro at:) What a wonderful experience. I loved meeting all of the store owners and digging in the shelves for hidden and forgotten treasures. We came home with some beautiful pieces we will be able to pass down to the kids. My favorite thing though has to be an old canvas painting we purchased at a basket store along the road, It is gorgeous!!! Later that night we went back to the same Ethiopian restaurant we went to the night before but this time with all of the families! Too fun! They all made fun of me because I love Tej, ( a traditional fermented honey drink) I had gone on and on about it so we ordered two for us all to share.... I ended up drinking most of it, but thank you Chris for helping out:)

I'm sorry my posts are getting so boring, I hate that some of my vivid excitement has worn off due to my crazy 6 kid household! Just kidding, it's not them..... I just have to think a lot harder to remember what happened on each day, I must be getting old:)

1 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Your posts are NOT boring at all! I think all of us adopting parents love reading anything about bringing our children home!! Thanks for being so good about keeping us up to speed on your trip! I get so excited to read about each day.
Michelle