Saturday, January 12, 2008

1st Trip to the Dr. and Dentist!




This week was a busy one! For some reason I had scheduled Kyah's 1st visit to the Dr. and the Dentist in the same week! What was I thinking!?! I kept thinking....this poor girl is going to feel like a test experiment by the time she is done being searched over from head to toe, and how do you even explain the dentist? If I re-scheduled it would have taken almost 6 months to get an appointment with the Pediatric dentist my kids see. It turned out well in that my other children had their teeth cleaned the day before Kyah, so she was able to watch them and I had to have a blood draw so she held my hand first:) And again she surprised us by being such a trooper!!! I have to brag.... No cavities!! Yeah! And she is healthy as can be, God is good:)

3 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Looks exciting at your house! Had she ever been to the dentist before?? If not, I'm sure that was very different:).
Did you use your "normal" family doctor or find a special one for adoptive children (one that knows alot about other countries)?
Michelle

Murphy Momma said...

Julia, I'm praising God for you as Elijah's visit went very different. Not only did we have to treat for parasites twice but he had 8 cavities (and 6 were big visible holes in his teeth). His last 2 fillings are this month. Rejoicing with you that Kyah won't have to go through any of that. I hope school is still going well for her. Sharon

A Team said...

How sweet!
That is amazing!!

How is she doing? Is she adapting to being called Kyah. I LOVE THAT NAME. How did you guys come up with that.
I would love to chat more with you!
Thanks again for your encouragement and taking my phone calls
:-)
Tracie