Thursday, December 27, 2007

Where is she???




As the gates to Hannah's hope were opened I had to remind myself to breath. My eyes darted from one beautiful child to another, but I couldn't find my girl! I looked at Stacy and he too was searching for that sweet little face we had grown to love. Ahh, finally there she was, standing shyly by the swing set staring patiently at me. Our eyes met and then I think I waved......the next thing I knew I had these little arms wrapped ever so sweetly around my neck. Then the tears came and the weird laugh I always seem to get when all my emotions get a little confused with each other, (I really hate that laugh) Then she spotted Stacy and snuggled into his embrace. I never thought it would be this wonderful, I truly thought we would shake hands nervously and she would be scared of us. God is so good!

The rest of the day was a blur of pictures (Hirut took over 100 just herself!) and then on the the embassy for our visa interview. I won't bore you with the details of that, but basically it reminded me of the prison visitations through glass you see on the movies. I had envisioned more of a court room situation I guess.

Later that night just the 3 of us and the drivers went to a wonderful Ethiopian restaurant and had an absolute blast! We had no idea what was being said, but that night we learned that our little girl can talk, and I mean talk!!! I'm not sure I have laughed this hard in my life.

2 comments:

Jesse and Amy said...

thanks for all the updates! you are doing so much better than me! :) It is so fun to see Hirut home with you all!

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

more tears and goose bumps...oh Lord I hope we can do this again!!
Smiles,
jen in mi