Monday, December 24, 2007

From Montana to Ethiopia~and Back!


After sleeping a full 8 hours for the first time in a week and a half I now feel prepared to share about our journey of many emotions.

This last year has brought much laughter and many tears and I'm sure many more to come.......

Our dream to adopt a child began last April, 2007. We thought we would stick to the birth order of our current children and adopt a little girl from 1-4. (Chase was 4 at the time) Then in June, just after we signed our agency contract to begin the process a picture of a little girl came to us in a waiting older child e-mail.... that little girl was,Hirut. They said she was a six year old child, one of the original Hannah's Hope kids to come. I was in love, I knew she was one of my children and I yelled for Stacy to come see the picture. He too felt the same, so we prayed, and prayed and then talked to our kids, and of course we all felt the same. And God laid on our hearts the journey to Hirut!

2 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

I can not wait to read more! What a blessing! Oh how I pray we can do this again someday!
smiles,
jen in mi

A Team said...

Thank you so much for finding Abel (T) and holding and loving on him. You have no idea what that means to me. THANK YOU JULIA. Your family is absolutely precious! I look forward to talking more with you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS