Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A new sense of Peace

I'm not sure if it is because I finished all of my Christmas shopping, or that I am pretty much packed.... but I now feel an amazing sense of peace. I have know since we started this adoption that God had his signature placed beautifully at the bottom of this chapter in our lives, but I don't think that I was entirely trusting him to guide my steps. As I have said many times in the past, I struggle with letting go and letting the Holy Spirit drive!!!
I just joined a list serve of other amazing strong parents who too are going through or have been through international adoption. It is so wonderful to hear all of the stories and advice that everyone brings. Thank you to all of you who have sent me pictures of my little girl, I love it that so many of you have already met her!
I can't wait until I can post pictures of ALL of my kids on here! They are all such neat people and bring me so much joy ( and heart ache:) )heehee, sorry kids, but it is true!!!!
I'll be writing more when we are safely home!

4 comments:

A Team said...

I am so excited about you traveling. CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE? Please if you can hug my baby boy for me. I just want to know what he feels like. I also want to know if he is taking a passie or anything. I know you will have your MIND AND HANDS FULL :-) so no pressure. But if you can... I would love to know.
I sent in my acceptance for his referral today. So let the paper work begin (well, heading to the Courts).

HAVE A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL TRIP

Michael and Michelle said...

Have Fun!! Everybody who has blogs and I've read their stories loves Ethiopia and HH! Enjoy every moment. Are you taking any of your other children with you?? I'm so excited for you and your family. Keep us posted when you get back! We'll be waiting for pictures of your whole family
Michelle

obligato said...

Julia...i got my referral and i cant get in touch with you to take pics of my little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope u are having the most amazing time. I cannot wait to hear how your time was!!!

obligato said...

Julia Julia!!!!!!!!!!! I got my referral and i cannot find your email address! How was your trip! I hope everything was amazing. I am DYING TO hear everything. Write when u can!!