Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Straight teeth HURT!!!




It is almost a right of passage in America to have braces....,or at least in the Lockhart Household:) Kyah is now the 4th child in our family to have metal cemented to her teeth. After being in school for around a month Kyah expressed to me that her teeth were crooked and that most of her friends were in the process of having theirs fixed. I explained to her that the dentist had referred her to an Orthodontist but that I thought she might want to wait for a little while, and that it hurts too. She jumped up and said, "I want braces, it is OK if it hurts"! So here we are a couple months later and another $5000 in the hole:) I know how it sounds, but she did "need" to go. Because of her age they said if we waited to long she would have a lot longer process and it would be even more costly. I am happy for her too because I know this is something that she only dreamed about in Ethiopia.

On a side note, I promise I will get around to the story of My love and I. I just seem to never have the time to even turn on my computer. I have to give credit to you mom's who keep up on their blogs, I truly don't know how you do it:)

3 comments:

A Team said...

Hey you!
WHAT A GIFT!!! Straight teeth... it's one of the BEST things my mom and dad ever gave to me!

I would love to hear the story of you and Stacy (when you have time of course!)

Murphy Momma said...

Wow! And I thought our post adoption dental bills were bad. I'm in awe of how willing to undergo all that work she was.

By the way, some of the old Eth gang are going to get together this summer in Missouri. Any possibility for you? (Aug)
Sharon

Shane Castane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.