Monday, March 17, 2008

CADEN



I know that this blog is labeled as our adoption blog, but because I am short on time and already have this one I thought I would write a little on our other children too:)





This week I am going to brag on my middle son Caden! In his 11 years this boy has accomplished a lot. It is kind of a joke in our family that anything Caden tries he does it well. This last June a lot changed in Caden's life. On the last day of school he broke both bones in his arm and his elbow! OUCH! Many of you know that this ended his gymnastics career:( That year Caden had won 1st place in State and gone on to take 4th place in Regionals....to say the least he was a very talented gymnast. But when God closes a door he opens a window! This year he jumped right into ice hockey without ever having really skated before (it was a little humbling for a few weeks because the other boys had been on the ice since age 4) Anyway, the season just ended and he became a wonderful player:) Now right into soccer!

Sixth grade has also been great! Caden has been on the high honor roll all year and he is moving into an accelerated math and science program, we are very proud. Violin is still a love of Cadens along with guitar, (he is currently saving his money to pay for guitar lessons because it is not offered in school). In his spare time Caden loves to snowboard, draw, play basketball and skateboard....All of which he is great at:)

2 comments:

Murphy Momma said...

How wonderful to "meet" your son Caden, he sounds like quite a superstar and it's fun to see more of the whole picture of Kyah's family.
Sharon

Outdrsycple said...

Hey, haven't heard from you guys in a while. Hope things are good. Did you have to do an FBI background check and do finger prints here? Some how CSSM missed the boat on this and we ended up having to do it now right at the end of our homestudy. I'm thankful I check the bi-weekly updates faithfully or I would not have known until our homestudy was at AGCI. What a pain it has been. We hope to have our homestudy in office by next week, but we'll see...I'm not getting my hopes up.